Waterproofing your home becomes necessary when the foundation begins to leak or let moisture through.
Basement foundations leak for various reasons: a congested weeping tile system, where the water can longer flow due a blockage of debris, soils or tree roots, horizontal or vertical cracks in the foundation or by separation of blocks, voids where the foundation and footing meet, improper original waterproofing installation. Any or all allow water to enter into the basement.
The City Wide Group
The CityWide Group has been waterproofing foundations for over 50 years, making it one of the oldest and most experienced waterproofing companies in Toronto and area. We ONLY use the best materials and procedures to waterproof any type of foundation for life, giving us the ability to be the ONLY company to offer a
LIFE TIME, FULLY TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY.
- Prior to excavation, The City Wide Group contacts all utilities and a stake out is commenced.
- Once the foundation walls and footing are exposed, the wall is washed down to allow a proper bond for the concrete parge.
- All cracks and voids in the foundation are compacted with hydraulic cement and the entire wall surface is given a layer of concrete parging.
- A RUBBER BITUTHANE MEMBRANE is applied to the foundation wall and over the footing.
- A DELTA MS, plastic drainage mat is applied to the foundation wall down to the footing level.
- New weeping tile is installed and connected to the appropriate drainage point and surrounded in clean ¾” gravel.
- All soil is backfilled and compacted to prevent future settlement.
- All debris is removed from the site.
- Any finished surface material and landscaping is re-installed.