Waterproofing your basement becomes necessary when the foundation begins to leak or let moisture through, allowing it to deteriorate.
Foundations leak for various reasons, such as; a congested weeping tile system, where the weeping tile can longer flow due a blockage of debris, soils or tree roots. Horizontal or vertical cracks in the foundation, or separation of blocks, voids where the foundation and footing meet, allow water to enter into the basement.
Many foundations were never waterproofed properly during the construction process, particularly older buildings.
The CityWide Group has been waterproofing foundations for over 50 years, and is one of the longest running basement waterproofing companies in Toronto and the surrounding area. With our experience we have proven to use the best of materials and procedures to waterproof any type of foundation for life, giving us the ability to be the ONLY company to offer a
LIFE TIME, FULLY TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY.
- Prior to excavation, all utilities are contacted by us and a stake out is commenced.
- Once the foundation walls and footing is exposed, the wall is washed down to allow a proper bond for the concrete parge
- All cracks, voids in the foundation is compacted with hydraulic cement and the entire wall surface is given a layer of concrete parging
- A RUBBER BITUTHENE MEMBRANE is applied to the foundation wall covering down, over the footing
- A DELTA MS, plastic drainage mat is applied to the foundation wall, down to the footing level
- New weeping tile is installed and connected to the appropriate drainage point and surrounded in clean ¾” gravel
- All soil is backfilled and compacted to prevent future settlement
- All debris are removed from the site
Any finished surface material is re-installed, such as concrete, asphalt, interlocking stone etc.